For millions of businesses all over the world, absolutely nothing matters more than maximising productivity. The reason being that with greater productivity comes increased output, improvements to efficiency and a higher level of profitability as a result. But just as is the case with so many things, it can often be that the solution to taking productivity to an advanced level is right there under your nose, entirely without your knowledge.
Right now, a growing number of businesses are joining forces with 3M preferred converters to introduce a wide variety of custom adhesive products to their everyday business processes. In particular, high quality 3M tape and similar products are being brought in on a widespread basis, as a means by which to fully or partially replace the use of mechanical fixings. While it’s not to say that mechanical fixings and traditional joining processes like welding don’t continue to have their own place and value, the rate at which they are being ousted in a variety of business settings is quite remarkable.
But when you look at the advantages that go hand in hand with making the switch to custom adhesives, none of this is particularly surprising. Particularly in terms of productivity, there are so many ways in which the use of custom 3M tape really can make the kind of difference few other procedural overhauls could come close to.
Just a few examples include the following:
- First of all, there is the way in which working with high quality adhesive tapes is fundamentally easier and faster than working with other traditional joining processes. This can in turn mean that the entire assembly process is accelerated from beginning to end, in turn bringing about significant savings in terms of both time and money. The extent to which such savings can be accessed will be determined by to what extent custom adhesives can be brought into the assembly process. Suffice to say though, the more, the better.
- Aside from the speed at which the products themselves can be manufactured, it’s also worth taking into account the use of available labour. While it’s true to say that mechanical fixings and traditional joining processes can produce excellent results, working with them and can be a time-consuming process. In many instances, it is necessary to go about essential preparation and finishing processes, which may include drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and the inevitable clean-up. While there may be a small amount of preparation involved, working with custom adhesive products is nonetheless exponentially easier and more convenient.
- Remaining with the subject of labour for a moment, one of the biggest problems associated with the use of welding and mechanical fixings is the way in which those working with them will of course require a certain amount of training, skill and knowledge to get the job done properly. When it comes to custom adhesive products, there’s virtually no training, skill or knowledge required whatsoever. They also easy to use that pretty much anyone can work with them, which can in turn have a positive impact on training, development and even recruitment costs.
- When working with custom adhesive products, one of the biggest and most convenient advantages of all is the way in which the products ordered can be cut to fit absolutely any shape, size or profile whatsoever. What this means is that by the time the ordered adhesive tape arrives, it is ready to be put to use and has been designed exactly with the intended purpose in mind. Which in turn not only makes the application process significantly easier, but makes for superior results as well.
- Last but not least, the convenience of working with high quality adhesive tapes extends to the way in which they are able to offer the strongest and most reliable bonds immediately upon contact. With absolutely no drying or curing times to worry about, this has the potential to reduce or even eliminate the prospect of production bottlenecks along the way. All of which once again can mean significant improvements to productivity, bolstering the most cost-effective production process possible.